- Application Deadlines
- Bonus Features
- Film Screenings
- Film Training Manitoba
- Important Dates and Events
- Job Postings
- Manitoba Film and Music
- National Film Board of Canada
- National Screen Institute
- On Screen Manitoba
- On TV
- Production Listings
- Winnipeg Film Group
Posted: Mar 28, 2012 TELEFILM CANADA SEEKS EXECUTIVE FEATURE FILM, WESTERN REGION
Source: Telefilm Canada
Reporting to the National Feature Film Executive - English Market, and working closely with the Western region’s Regional Director, Industry Promotion and Business Affairs Lead Analyst, plays a key role in helping to achieve the vision that: "Telefilm Canada wants to propel the Canadian audiovisual industry to new levels of success through effective and efficient financing and by actively promoting Canadian talent and content at home and abroad".
Recommends financing decisions (made within Telefilm’s financial and reporting guidelines) for English-language feature films from the region that will:
- represent a distinctly regional and linguistic point of view;
- build the capacity and diversity of talent in the region;
- contribute significantly to national performance targets (e.g. box-office); and
- have the potential to maximize audiences through multiple platforms.
- Manages the regional budgets and the commitment of funds in a timely manner and upholds the client charter.
- Assumes the role of point person for local client-applicants on all English project-specific matters and works in close collaboration with the Regional Director, Industry Promotion for the Western Region to build and strengthen relations with active stakeholders. and contributors, from development to distribution, to design initiatives that develop the local industry and ultimately contribute to the success of Canadian films at the box office.
- Trust builder
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Demonstrates integrity in all actions and decisions
- Effective Communicator
- Communicates effectively and openly
- Ensures that messages conveyed are consistent and within context
- Creates and participates in bi-directional communication exchanges
- Change champion
- All staff
- Looks for continuous improvement and takes calculated risks
- Positively challenges the status quo
- Champion of change in one’s job
- Anticipates and initiates change
- Engages others
- Leads change and celebrates successes
- Talent Developer
- Recognizes the contributions of team members
- Seeks out resources and learning opportunities in everyday work and enables others to learn by creating opportunities
- Actively gathers, organizes and transfers knowledge and experience to others and facilitates its application
- Gives and seeks specific, timely and constructive feedback and supports development
- Courageous team player
- Addresses difficult issues
- Puts oneself on the line
- Stands firm
- Sought-after advisor
- Builds solid relationships
- Is responsive and anticipates needs
- Provides quality and efficiency driven solutions and services
- Aligns actions and decisions with external and internal clients’ priorities
OTHER COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- A university degree in business administration or other relevant field
- Comprehensive knowledge of the feature film industry and extensive experience in distribution/marketing of feature films in Canada, including the ability to evaluate the creative and commercial potential of projects at the script stage, as well as the ability to interpret contracts
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of trends, priorities, developments, problems, employment, distribution methods and practices, and financial transactions relating to the commercial life of domestic and international feature films
- Ability to exert leadership of influence and drive results with cross-functional teams;
- Skilled in client and relationship management;
- Individual which is highly organized, energetic, driven to excel;
- Creative and innovative and results oriented; and results oriented;
- Proven negotiating, communication, organizational and planning skills
- Interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
Please submit a cover letter, quoting the appropriate posting number, with a curriculum vitae to the Human Resources Department in Montreal, by fax (514-283-2043) or by e-mail at CV@telefilm.ca.
Telefilm Canada adheres to principles of employment equity.
Applicants commit to complying with the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Requirements.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.