- Application Deadlines
- Bonus Features
- Film Screenings
- Film Training Manitoba
- Important Dates and Events
- Job Postings
- Manitoba Film and Music
- National Film Board of Canada
- National Screen Institute
- On Screen Manitoba
- On TV
- Production Listings
- Winnipeg Film Group
Posted: Apr 10, 2012 REELWORLD FILM FESTIVAL SET TO KICK OFF APRIL 11-15 2012
Source: ReelWorld Film Festival
ReelWorld Festival April 11-15th -Toronto
Founded in 2001 by actress Tonya Lee Williams, ReelWorld encompasses two distinct yet complimentary entities: an annual spring film festival and a charitable foundation. The multi-faceted organization shares one vision – to change the face of Canadian cinema both on the screens and behind the scenes. ReelWorld promotes and fosters racially and culturally diverse artists who are emerging within the film industry.
The following four objectives are put into place in order for ReelWorld to continuously meet its mandate to increase the representation of culturally diverse film artists in the Canadian film and television industry and to celebrate this diversity in video and film:
- To showcase and promote the work of diverse film and video makers and film artists to Canadian and international audiences.
- To facilitate a forum where film and video makers and other film artists can interact and pitch their ideas to producers and investors.
- To bring together film and video makers and film artists from diverse Canadian communities to network, dialogue, share, critique, and support each other’s work and relevant works from the international community at large.
- To provide training through seminars, workshops, and special events aimed at the racially and culturally diverse Canadian film and video making community.
Click HERE to get the full program of the 2012 edition.