- Application Deadlines
- Bonus Features
- Film Screenings
- Film Training Manitoba
- Important Dates and Events
- Job Postings
- Manitoba Film and Music
- National Film Board of Canada
- National Screen Institute
- On Screen Manitoba
- On TV
- Production Listings
- Winnipeg Film Group
Posted: Apr 12, 2012 ACI PANNEL DISCUSSION : EXPORTING YOUR CULTURAL PRODUCT OR SERVICE
Source: ACI Manitoba
Are you thinking of taking your show on the road or selling your artistic work outside Manitoba, but don't know where to begin or what's involved in exporting?
Moderator Judy Slivinski will host a panel of creative entrepreneurs from the music industry, visual art/crafts and the performing arts who have reached beyond Manitoba’s borders to sell or perform their work. Panelists will share how export marketing has helped them develop new markets, increase sales and build more dynamic businesses. They will also discuss the particular challenges of exporting in the current global economic and social environment.
Moderator: Judy Slivinski – Senior Director of Marketing & Development, Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet
- Hilary Druxman - Fine Jewelry Designer, Hilary Druxman Inc.
- Todd Jordan - Artists’ Agent, Vice-President - Agency Division, Paquin Entertainment Group Inc.
- Alexis Kochan - Singer and Composer, Paris To Kyiv
- Why expand your market? (potential benefits)
- When are you ready to export?
- How to promote your work outside Manitoba –via website, advertising, trade shows, etc.
- The basics of selling online – secure online payment, shipping, etc.
- Must do’s and pitfalls to avoid
- Movement of people and goods across the border
- Challenges of the current global environment
When: APRIL 16 - 12-2pm
Where: Canada/Manitoba Business Service Centre (250-240 Graham Avenue, Winnipeg)
To read the about the speakers, go HERE
For more information on ACI Manitoba Workshop, Courses & Seminars, please visit HERE